BISMARCK, N.D.–The Bismarck Bobcats’ 2022-23 regular season, its 26th in franchise history, is set to begin on Wednesday, September 14.
The 60-game schedule, with 56 contests against central division opposition, begins with four games at the North American Hockey League showcase in Blaine, Minn. Those matchups have yet to be announced. The Bobcats’ first divisional weekend is on the road at Aberdeen, September 23 and 24.
The VFW Sports Center will open its doors 28 times for home games throughout the season, with the home opener October 1 against rival Minot. The Bobcats play six consecutive times at home in the month of October, beginning with that game.
Only twice do the Bobcats have back-to-back home weekends: the six-game homestand in October, and four consecutive home games at the end of March.
Key matchups include:
- The home-and-home series with Minot on September 31 and October 1, as the Bobcats and Tauros face off for the first time after their rivalry’s biggest chapter to date: the winner-take-all contest, won by the Bobcats on the road, sending Bismarck to the 2022 Robertson Cup playoffs.
- The Bobcats host the Tauros on November 23, the day before Thanksgiving, before traveling to Minot and Aberdeen that weekend.
- Bismarck and Minot match up the weekend before Christmas (December 16-17) as well as the weekend after (December 30-31) including New Year’s Eve at home.
- Bismarck and Aberdeen face each other five consecutive times in the month of January.
- The Bobcats and North Iowa play the final six games of the regular season against one another. The Cats and Bulls played a couple of extremely chippy games towards the end of last season in Iowa.
Overall, all five central division teams play at least four games against the Bobcats at the VFW, and eight games overall. Bismarck has 12 matchups with Minot, Aberdeen, St. Cloud, and North Iowa.
Fans can enjoy live broadcasts of all games, home and away, via SuperTalk 1270 AM (free) or HockeyTV.com (paid subscription.)
It’s not too late to get your hands on season tickets for 2022-23! Call the Bobcat office at 222-3300, or email email@example.com to inquire about full and partial tickets packages for the upcoming year.